“John was very approachable and really made the difference on the day. The three hour mediation also helped focus minds.”
John is an accredited civil, commercial and family mediator, having qualified with ADR Group, one of the UK ’s largest and most well known providers of mediation training. He adopts a practical and focused approach to mediation and uses the benefit of his experience in commercial transactions and disputes to help reach a solution. He is energetic, precise but also open and approachable.
He provides a friendly and understanding service to clients and is sensitive to their individual needs, whilst being open and honest about the outcomes they can expect to achieve.
John is also a partner at Leonard Gray Solicitors specialising in employment and commercial law, with over 10 years’ qualified experience in dealing with a wide variety of business, property and employment issues and commercial and landlord and tenant disputes.
Why are lawyer-led mediators more successful?
Lawyer mediators are solicitors who have combined many years of legal experience with intensive training in mediation skills. The combination of practical experience and legal knowledge makes lawyer mediators better equipped to deal with all the issues that arise.
Articles written by John
- The importance of the lawyer’s role
- Settled in 3 hours
- The long term effects of litigation
- How a simple introduction made such a difference
- Even if you don’t settle on the day, mediation always brings parties closer to a final outcome.
- How the Courts are, in practice, actively pushing mediation.
- How we use mediation to resolve even the most entrenched disputes
- Where do you turn if you simply can’t afford the legal fees?
- Changes in Small Claims rules make it riskier to resolve disputes via the legal system
- The Independent Newspaper: Number of family feuds over Wills rises 700 per cent